Wednesday, March 4, 2015

knitting infinity

I knit a friend what's called an infinity scarf. I used Malabrigo Rios which I highly recommend. It's merino wool, the colours are rich, the texture lovely.

I had some trouble knitting the scarf. I'm not sure why. The stitches were easy--a variation on knit and pearl. The idea of the moebius strip kept tripping me up. These scarves are supposed to lie flat when inert. They only twist when looped around the wearer's neck and head. I kept adding a twist when I joined the knitting in the round. I didn't mean to. I didn't want to. I had to start the project over again several times. Once I even wondered if it mattered--since the scarf was going to be looped anyhow.

 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! And I love the colour. I think I'll try to make this one once I find some time to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saleema, I varied the stitches from the pattern. The honeycomb was too much the same after a while, so there are stripes of seed stitch in there.

    ReplyDelete