Wednesday, February 7, 2018

winter... do you remember?

Now you live in a milder climate. It's a big and unexpected event when there's snow. But do you remember what it was like when you lived back east?


This is what I call diamanté snow. Fresh, still coming down, lit by city streetlights. My camera (in truth, my phone) didn't catch the brilliance, but if you look closely, you'll see the glitter.

And remember this? Trudging along sidewalks not yet cleared of snow. How the bottoms of your jeans freeze. There was once... we got together for a beer at Le Cheval Blanc, and it was snowing and afterward we walked to where you split off to go your way and I went mine.


This too. Having to sweep your stairs when you come home at the end of the day.


Snow hoods and capes and toques.


I didn't take pics of the dog frolicking and gamboling in the snow because you wouldn't be able to see how his tail wagged unless I took a video and he didn't stay in one place long enough that I could keep up. Nothing as happy as a dog when snow is fluffy and fresh.

Do you remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment