Tuesday, November 29, 2016

going for a walk Nov 28, 2016


There's a lot going on in the world and I keep my sanity as best as I can by going for walks. Sometimes I head west toward the river. Sometimes I hike uptown. Whichever direction I take, I leave my post-industrial hood of brick row houses and newly constructed condos. 


There's always something to look at.

Yesterday, as I was walking toward the Lachine Canal, I was disappointed to see this blank wall of a factory. For a few years the door had an elaborate graffiti around the frame that made it look like a theatre entrance: red velvet curtains furled back and held in place with silk tasseled cords. The door was painted a deep magical red. Why would anyone think a plain grey wall with a rectangular door was an improvement on that?


I kept walking and got a new shot of my favourite sign.


And the sunset and clouds and Lachine Canal did a gorgeous pseudo-velvet painting for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment